Lakota Media Player
A fun audio companion for your Lakota textbooks! Just look, tap, and listen!
Audio available for:
The Prairie Dog Goes to School – Free Download
Speak Lakota Level 1 – $.99 *in-app purchase
Additional content coming soon! Updates appear automatically.
Benefits for Teachers
- Works with the books you already use
- Presents audio to students from fluent speakers word by word
- Allows students to easily take audio home to study
- Makes learning fun
- Provides pronunciation exercises at the end of each unit in audio guide
Benefits for Students
- Provides a clear guide to pronunciation
- Allows students to take learning at their own pace
- Requires no extra equipment-just a book and a phone
- Uses a fun augmented reality interface
- Gives users plenty of pronunciation and conversation extras
The Lakota Media Player is a companion to the Lakota Language Consortium series of textbooks and children’s books. Just point your phone at the page and tap to hear native speakers pronounce the words. The audio guide section gives you complete access to the textbook vocabulary with an easy tap and swipe interface.
Lakota Media Player for iOS (Apple App Store)
Lakota Media Player for Android (Google Play Store)
New Lakota Dictionary Pro – Mobile
NLD – Mobile is the best way to look up Lakota words, hear pronunciation, and view thousands of example sentences while on the go.
• 23,000 entries
• 40,000 example sentences
• Male and female voices for audio
• Consistent phonemic spelling – Standard Lakota Orthography
• Superior cross-referencing capabilities
• Faster and more responsive than online versions
• Works without active data connection
• Automatically updates itself with latest revisions and neologisms.
• Over 400 native speakers involved in its development and review
• Accurate and reliable
• Fun to use and explore
• An excellent self-study investment
It’s the ultimate electronic Lakota learning and reference tool- now optimized for portable use.
Also Available for PC and Mac
Lakota Keyboard Mobile
Lakota Keyboard – Mobile is the Setting app that let’s you type correct Lakota into any text area on your mobile device by simply switching into the Lakota Keyboard Mobile option in the KEYBOARD & INPUTS METHODS section of the LANGUAGE & INPUT area of the SETTINGS.
Once installed and selected as a keyboard option, you can switch between Lakota and English as you type emails, SMS, MMS, web content, and any other text-input field. Just click the ‘globe’
This is the ultimate integrated Lakota app keyboard solution to help you type Lakota on Facebook, Twitter or wherever else, accurately and with integrity.
Lakota Keyboard Mobile for iOS (Apple App Store)
Lakota Keyboard Mobile for Android (Google Play Store)
Lakota Vocab Builder
Build your Lakota vocabulary with Lakota Language Consortium’s FREE vocabulary game for your Android phone or tablet. Quiz yourself everyday to learn different categories – wild animals, food, drinks, and more! The free version of the app includes:
➢ 20 culturally-relevant categories designed by Lakota speakers
➢ 10-25 words per category, for a total of 200-500 words!
➢ Audio pronunciation and visual aid for each word in the category
➢ Quiz yourself by matching English words to Lakota words, and vice versa
➢ Progress through levels to unlock new words
➢ Track your progress and review words you’ve learned by category or activity
Additional categories are available (~40 categories, and growing!) with purchase of the app, for only $0.99!
Lakota Vocab Builder for iOS (Apple App Store)
Lakota Vocab Builder for Android (Google Play Store)
Or practice your vocabulary online HERE