The New Lakota Dictionary (NLD) is the largest and most comprehensive Lakota Language dictionary currently available. This user-friendly app allows you to search for words in English or Lakota and listen to the pronunciation of each word in both male and female voices. It is designed specifically with the learner in mind, providing numerous innovative features that help learners find words and use them correctly.
- 41,838 Lakota Entries
- 12,809 English Reversals
- Inflection charts show complete inflectional paradigm
- Copy/Paste by word or line
- Save favorites lists and navigate search history
- Leave comments to improve future versions
- Built-In keyboard for typing special characters
- Lemmatizer searches for conjugated verbs and word forms
- Over 400 native speakers involved in its development and review
- Fun to use and explore
- An excellent self-study tool!
*3rd Edition Mobile App Available now
*Desktop Update for Mac & PC coming in Spring 2023
New Lakota Dictionary is available on iOS and Android mobile devices. It can also be purchased for download on your Mac or PC from our bookstore.