Download the New Lakota Dictionary Pro for Mac
(The Mac OS version is 575 MB and was last updated: 04/20/2018)
Note: To continue using the NLD-Pro after your 30-day free trial, you can purchase a license key at the LLC Bookstore.
About the New Lakota Dictionary
The New Lakota Dictionary (NLD) App is the best way to look up Lakota words, hear pronunciation, and view thousands of example sentences. It’s the ultimate electronic Lakota learning and reference tool.
• 27,000 entries
• 53,000 sentences
• Male and female voices for audio
• Consistent phonemic spelling – Standard Lakota Orthography
• Superior cross-referencing capabilities
• Faster and more responsive than online versions
• Works offline, without active data connection
• Built-In lemmatizer searches for conjugated verbs and word forms
• Over 400 native speakers involved in its development and review
• Regularly updated
• Accurate and reliable
• Fun to use and explore
• An excellent self-study investment
“The lemmatizer is one of the biggest advantages of the app when compared to the printed version of the NLD. Lakota is a highly agglutinating language. Affixes are added to words all the time, so unless you know the stem of the word with affixes, you won’t be able to find it in the dictionary. The app does that for you. If you type in e.g. waŋwíčhablake the app will show you the entry waŋyáŋkA.“
How to Update your New Lakota Dictionary for Mac
If you have a previous version of the New Lakota Dictionary, you will need to uninstall the application completely AND remove the extra files that are included in your Mac application. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to do this:
- Download and Install AppCleaner for Mac
- Uninstall your old version with AppCleaner
Open AppCleaner program and drag and drop your application file
- Download and Install the New Lakota Dictionary Pro for Mac
- Activate your application. (***Make sure your network allows you to connect to activation server outside of USA)
Still have questions, comments, or concerns?
If you need further assistance in installing your Windows PC application or troubleshooting issues, please contact us.